Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Dear Baby Helland: (Of 28 weeks)

Dear Baby Helland-
Well we've officially made it to the third trimester. Everyone says it goes super fast from now on. I can believe it. There are times I sit down and think "holy cow June will be here before I know it!". There still are times that it seems like forever until we actually get to meet you. I'm not so nervous right now, I'm more excited than anything. Will you be a quiet baby or a noisy baby? Will you have hair right away? Will you be a light or heavy sleeper?
We had our last monthly doctor visit yesterday. From here on out we meet with Dr. Leino every two weeks. These appointments are so easy, I wish every doctor's visit was like it! She said we're measuring right on and your heartbeat is exactly where it should be too. We discussed how to take kick counts and the possibility of Daddy catching you. When I asked if she would be ok with it or had any thoughts she replied "Oh, I completely planned on Tyler delivering the baby!" We brought up the fact that I might need Daddy to help me more but she said that with an epidural she thinks we'll be just fine and Daddy can catch. So, we'll hope that works out! At this visit we also had to do the glucose test. Daddy and I had a really healthy meal of only meat and veggies and then I skipped breakfast so we had the best chances of passing. Everyone had warned be about how the orange stuff is really gross to drink. It's true. I thought I'd be fine because I'm not a picky eater. It was nasty. It's about have the size of bottle of pop. Ick. But it's done! And we passed, so no gestational diabetes! Our weight gain this visit was much better than last time and my blood pressure is still nice and low too. Like I said before, if only every doctor's visit was this easy!
It's really starting to feel like spring outside. It feels great to be out on walks with Prudence. Every day we are home in daylight and it's not icky out, we go on a walk down the street. I know it's important to get excercise and I really feel like the fresh air keeps me healthy. Bring on the warm weather!
I'm contemplating changing what we currently call you. Right now we say " Baby Helland". At one point Daddy wanted to start calling you "Baby Gaga" (like Lady Gaga), but mommy had a weird dream about Lady Gaga being a vampire and chasing her, so that's no longer a go. In a recent facebook, the name Lil' H evolved. Auntie Kristen and Uncle Erik were discussing Cousin Amy's wedding in July and where everyone will be staying. I thought it was pretty funny how they started calling you Lil' H, so I'm going to start using it too!
You are still quite the mover. One day last weekend, I was laying on the couch and you were moving A LOT. So I starting watching my belly. It was really funny! Daddy hasn't been able to see it yet, but he does get to feel it which is fun too.
This week I've been more tired and I'm not sure why. I've taken a bunch of little naps and get a lot of sleep at night. Maybe it's just not really restful sleep which is entirely possible.
This weekend is sisters weekend which means I'll be doing a lot of shopping. I need to find some more maternity clothes because I seem to be outgrowing my black dress pants. So far I've just done my shopping on-line so it will be nice to actually be able to try something on. There was also discussion about eating at Don Pablos. Mommy LOVES mexican food. Ok she basically loves food in general.
I've still been eating a lot of fruit. I eat an orange every day for lunch and whatever other type of fruit is in the house for supper. I try to get my vege's in. I'm not a fan of peas, but because I don't want you to be a picky eater, I've stopped picking them out of stuff while carrying you. One of my favorite things lately are cookies from Subway. Double chocolate or chocolate chip are the best. You'll probably love chocolate. Mommy doesn't go a day without it and now even daddy is used to something sweet after each meal. I should probably go eat an orange now to fight off the urge for those cookies!!
Talk to you soon!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment