Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dear Baby Helland: (Of 17 weeks)

Not much is new this week.
I still feel ridiculous in every piece of clothing that I own, which is really upsetting. Now my pants are really starting to be iffy. I've been trying the bella band, but sometimes the top half gets kinda rolled up and looks funny under my shirts. I may have to break down and buy some stretchy pants. Please oh please, let Old Navy have something that fits and is possibly on sale!
I basically can eat everything in sight lately. I don't really have cravings anymore, I just eat a lot. Like last night, I thought one pudding pop would satisfy me for dessert. About an hour later I ate another. Apparently you really like pudding pops. But I think the world actually wants me to eat more. An example-while driving home, I thought "Since Daddy won't be home for supper, I think I'll stop and get Subway". Normally I get a six inch, but you Baby Helland, were convincing me to get a footlong. I battled this on my fifteen minute commute. When I pulled into the parking lot, I decided getting a six inch would be best. So I go into Subway and ask for my six inch turkey breast on monteray cheddar. And the lady automatically makes a footlong. I took that as a sign from God. But he paid me back. I normally ask for "a few tomatoes" which is usually half of what they put on when you just ask for tomatoes. Instead, she put on the regular amount. I took that as a sign from God too. He must have been thinking "Ok, you can have your footlong, but you'll be eating more tomatoes." Fair enough. But then I put on extra mayo. Ha! I win. And then, when I go to pay, the lady informed me that everyone got a free cookie today. You see, the world just wants me to eat more.
So far daddy and I have been calling you Baby Helland. Then last night daddy suggested we call you "Baby Gaga". Get it? Sounds like Lady Gaga. It gave me a good laugh.
I'm really ready to start feeling you kick. Sometimes I wonder if I can feel you kicking away, but then it stops right away and I can't focus on what it really was.
Next week we get to visit Dr. Leino again. Nothing too special for this appointment, but we will be doing the Quad Screen. After that first visit with the gallons of blood they took(maybe not gallons, but it seemed like it took a long time!), I feel like I can handle anything! Still not quite ready for the whole labor deal, but I'm hoping that I'll just be so anxious to see you that I'll go into rockstar mode and push like a mad woman. Wishful thinking, I know.
Sorry this week is pretty boring. I'll tell you how our doctor appointment goes and hopefully figure out how to upload some pictures of mommies belly.
Tata for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment