Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dear Baby Helland: (Of 13 weeks)

Dear Baby Helland:
Sorry, we missed one week of blogging. I'll just fill you in quickly on week 12/beginning of 13-Thanksgiving came and went. Got to go to Great Grandma and Grandpa Davidson's on Thanksgiving day and then we spent the next day and Grandma and Grandpa Helland's. I had two somewhat scares this past week. First, there was an announcement at school about a confirmed case of Fifth disease, and anyone who was pregnant needed to call their doctor. Well, since I only see a small percentage of the kids I thought I should maybe ask someone if I would have had direct contact. Luckily, the nurse was in school that day, so I talked to her about it. Because it was an elementary student that I wouldn't have spent any time with, I should've been ok. Just to be sure, I called nurse Heidi and Dr. Leino, and they agreed. All is safe! Then a few days later, I had my first instance of spotting during this pregnancy. My heart dropped. I quickly got my pregnancy books and looked up all the signs of miscarriage. I hadn't had any cramps or pains, and it was a pretty small spot. I still cried a little and Ty calmed me down, and then all was well again. Whew! I've never wanted to go to the doctor, but now I wish our doc appointment was this week instead of next, just to have that reassurance of a heartbeat! On to some fun news......you got to go to your second concert. Remember your first one was a Mutemath concert. That one was loud, and mommy had to stand the whole time. This concert was a Lorie Line concert and we got to sit in comfy seats, and it was the perfect volume. I'm so jealous of Lorie Line because she's made an entire career of simply playing the piano and creating simple arrangements of well known tunes. Plus, she's made millions of dollars doing this. We got to see fruantie Jessi at this concert which is always nice. Plus we ran into Lisa, and I think it was the first time you've actually met her. Then last night, you got to perform in your first concert. Sure it was mommy playing the piano, but you were right there! Don't worry, you'll get used to it. Plus you had your first chinese food last night. YUM! Daddy made a good choice there! It's a little funny that all of Tyler's co-workers know we're expecting. None of my co-workers know. It's not that I don't want to tell them, it just feels like a weird thing to randomly bring up in conversation. I swear my junior high girls have been watching my growing belly though. They're very observant. My current plan is to officially break the news once we come back from x-mas break. It won't affect my work too much because as of right now, I don't plan on taking any maternity leave. (One plus of being a teacher!) Speaking of x-mas, next year it will be nice having you around for x-mas presents. I try to be creative, but Ty and I are a little boring without you around. Once you arrive, there can be scrapbooks and calendars and all sorts of projects that you'll inspire! And that reminds me that I should probably get working on those gifts that I have planned for this year! We'll talk again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment