Friday, May 14, 2010

Dear Baby Helland: (Of 35 weeks)

Dear Baby Helland: (Of 35 weeks)
Doc appointment went well again last week. Still measuring right on and your heartbeat is where it should be. The next appointments are a little more involved and I'm hoping I stay calm like I do for the easy ones. Next Friday those start.
This past weekend Daddy and Auntie Steffie ran a half marathon in New Prague. (Yep that's 13 miles) It was super cold and even started sleeting at one point. Daddy's never ran a half before. He's always done the 5-10k's. It took them about 2 hours to run it. I can' imagine running for two hours straight, but I hear it becomes an addiction. My job was to drive out to the viewing points and take pictures as they run past. I totally missed daddy at the 5 mile marker, and then I forgot to turn the camera on. Gr. But at the 8 mile mark I got pictures of both Daddy and Steffie and then also got them both as they crossed the finish line. I'm definitely not as good at taking pictures as Daddy is, but I'm trying! After the marathon, I had to play for a wedding and then we went out to the farm because that's when the Schuft's were celebrating Mother's Day.
I did not feel good starting Saturday. I caught a cold somewhere and it was starting to get to me. It's not fun to be sick while pregnant. You already can't sleep because you are just uncomfortable, and then you add the coughing, stuffy nose, sore throat junk on top and it's not a fun situation. I started to lose my voice this week, but now I think we're actually starting to get better.
I'm in a wierd place with this pregnancy. I'm excited to meet you, but there's also this sense of "holy crap am I really ready". Last night Daddy asked "now which week are we on, is it 35 already, wow!). And my reply was "don't remind me". I then told him that the stork is going to come and take you out of my tummy while I'm sleeping and my body will be right back to normal when I wake up. Daddy laughed and said that it probably won't work that way. Ugh. Am I really ready to handle functioning on no sleep? Will I be able to figure out what you need at the right time? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Well, Mommy's gonna get her Friday started. School, then date night with Daddy. (Dinner and a movie while we still can!) We'll talk soon!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment