Saturday, May 29, 2010

Dear Baby Helland: (Of 37 weeks)

Dear Baby Helland: (of 37 weeks)
Well, Baby Helland, you are considered full term this week. It's been a busy week 37. We had a wedding shower for a friend, a family baby shower for us, a school baby shower for us, another doc appointment and a band festival/valleyfair trip with Mommies students. First up-family baby shower: For some reason, this made me feel like I was ready to take you home. Maybe finally getting the car seat/bases and making it legal for us to take you home hit the spot. Who knows. We got a ton of stuff and now only need a few more items before we basically have everything we need in order to take you home and take care of you. Your aunts made everyone fill out a card with some of their guesses as to what gender you are, how big you will be, if you will have hair etc. It was an overwhelming majority that thought you were a girl. I'm thinking so too, but I really have no basis for this guess other than "I just feel like it"! Your aunts also think that you will be arriving on the 12th of June because it took 12 sheets of toilet paper to fit around my belly and a lot of people guessed the 12th as well. I'd be ok with it. That's the day that your cousin Michael has his graduation party but I think he'd understand if we couldn't be there!
Next up-the work baby shower: It was so nice of Mommies co-workers to throw a little shower for her and the other co-worker who is expecting. We had yummy punch, desserts and some pretty fun gifts. You'll really like playing with those gifts.
After that baby shower it was time for another doc appointment. I was a rock star at this appointment! Pretty simple again. My measurement didn't change this week, but Dr. Leino said that could be because you dropped/settled a little lower. You're still sitting at about -1 station meaning you're getting ready to go.
Lastly-band festival/Valleyfair: Mommies students are used to doing this trip at the end of every year. We go to a high school in St. Paul and perform, then spend the rest of the day at Valleyfair. Just in case you decided to show up, Daddy came along as a chaperone. Our performance went pretty well and the kids had a great time at the park. It was a beautiful day to be outside. I tried to drink a lot of water and the vendors must have felt pity for me because they kept giving me free ice water! Luckily, a college friend also brought his band, so Daddy had a ride partner for the day.
I think my students ask if the baby fell out every day. One student, in reference to the Valleyfair trip, asked "What if you go on a ride and puke up the baby?" Obviously this student doesn't quite understand the human body yet. And yes, these are high schoolers.
Mommy and Daddy were exhausted from the day in the sun so we went to bed early. And now it's 330am, and Mommy can't sleep. So I'm catching up on some tv/e-mail instead. Prudence was helping from 1-3, but now she's given up and decided to go back to bed.
Maybe I can just go refold all of your blankets/clothes........
Meet you soon!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment