Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dear Baby Helland: (Of 38 weeks)

Dear Baby Helland: (Of 38 weeks)
This may be a short post, and might have a little too much information, so if it gets to a part that you are uncomfortable with.......just skip a few lines!
Today was Mommy's last day of school with kids. Tomorrow is just the clean-up/check-out day. I got a lot of it done today so tomorrow should be nice and easy. It's been a fun year and I look forward to what next year has in store.
Today was another doc appointment. We measured right on (which means we actually jumped from 36 to 38, but 38 is where we are supposed to be so it's ok) and everything else looks good. Here comes the TMI portion: We are dilated at 1 cm, 50% effaced, sitting at -1 station and your head is nicely in position to head right out. Dr. Leino also stripped my membranes just to jump start the process, but it doesn't really mean you'll make an appearance right away. It just helps things along. Done with the TMI.
Your bag is all packed. I think I go through it about every day. Not that I change what's in it, I think I'm just excited and like to look at your stuff. Mommy's bag is packed too. It's just the waiting game. Well, I guess we haven't put the car seat bases in the car yet, but I think Daddy could quickly figure that out if he needed to do it in a pinch.
This weekend we have two of your cousin's graduation from high school. Cousin Wilson graduates from Hutch and has her party on Sunday too. Plus it's her birthday. Cousin Michael graduates from GFW but is having his party next Saturday. Will you be out and about by Michael's party, or will you want to spend that day hanging out in Mommy's tummy still??
Every time I put my clothes on, I wonder, "How many more times will I really wear this shirt?", "How soon can I go back to my 'not-so-oversized' t-shirts?"
Tuesday was a bit of a rough day. For some reason, I was just uber uncomfortable. I was trying to stand up to change into some comfy pants and had a hard time standing on one leg. I actually said "are you for serious right now?!?!" outloud as I had to grab the wall to support myself. It was just one of those days.
This past weekend Daddy took some maternity pictures for mommy. Mommy isn't the most photogenic person and felt really silly posing, but Daddy did a nice job being creative.
Man you are a mover right now........like at this minute....maybe that means it's time for supper.....
See you soon,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment