Saturday, October 24, 2009

7 weeks, and the baby blues hit...or did they...

So we're 7 weeks along today and feeling pretty good. Until about 1pm. Today is my niece Payton's birthday party. We haven't told family yet, so this will be a real test. I showered and thought I had an outfit picked out. And it just didn't look right. So I tried on another, and another, and another. Things were not fitting or looking right. I finally settled on this t-shirt and sweater vest thing because it wasn't too snug(cause you would see the slight belly bump that I feel like I have already!) but not too baggy(I don't want them to assume we're hiding something). I felt like a pile. Even this outfit just did not feel right. The sleeves felt too tight around the arm holes, the front felt longer and bunchy and it was super uncomfortable on my neck. So I sat on Ty's lap and cried. We discussed how yes, my body will be changing, but I didn't think it would happen this fast. I thought "Man it will be a long 7 months yet". After a few minutes, and a few hugs, I went along with my day. And then it hit me. How my outfit was feeling, should not be from the baby. It wasn't all related to a belly. Then I looked down the front of my t-shirt, and yes, there was my tag. I had put my t-shirt on backwards. All that crying was basically for nothing related to the baby. So I had a little laugh, and put my shirt on the correct way. Life is much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment