Saturday, October 31, 2009

Dear Baby Helland: (of 8 weeks)

First off, Happy Halloween! Daddy woke up with a great idea this morning. He thought that next Halloween when you'll be about 4 months, we should dress Prudence up as a baby and you up as a hot dog. We had a good laugh about that!
So yep, we've made it to 8 weeks and I haven't spilled the news to everyone yet. Tonight will be another test. We're having some Morris friends over, and it'll be really hard not to say anything. We'll just do our best.
The nausea is getting a little better, but part of me thinks it's because I've been able to sleep in the past two days. I also read in the baby book that now is about the time to start eating 6 small meals instead of 3 big meals. The long time in between meals makes my blood sugar low making me feel icky and moody. Makes sense to me.
A few nights ago I had a dream about our first doctor visit. I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to that. I have a fear of doctor visits anyway. I think this one worries me more because I've never had to do this type of appointment before. I've never had blood drawn and that scares me. It will help that daddy gets to be with me for the appointment. Here's some more personal info about your mom-I've actually had to take xanax the last few doctor appointments. And those are just for regular yearly visits. I know that I can't take it anymore so that has me stressed out a little. Yes, I know it's probably not a big deal, and yes I will survive, I just worry a bit.
Let's get to something happier. Tonight will be really fun. I'm really looking forward to it. It's always nice to see friends. Speaking of tonight, I better finish cooking and cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment